We work with you to ensure your deductions are maximised and accurately claimed before preparing and electronically lodging your income tax returns.
Our fees and charges for taxation are deducted where possible from your ATO refund, up-front fees for our services are therefore not required.
Tax laws change each year, we are experts in all aspects of deductions, FBT, Capital gains, GST and Payroll tax. We will ensure as an individual or as a company your return is accurate, timely and provides you the best result possible.
Step’s to undertake:
- Call our office on 03-9419-0194 from Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm to make an appointment
- Bring with you to your appointment documents to support your income including the following:
- Employment income – PAYG Summaries
- Super pensions, annuities and government payments
- Investment income - Bank, Financial Institution & Dividend Statements
- Business, partnership and trust income
- Foreign & Other income - Tenant and rental records.
Bring with you to your appointment documents (receipts / invoices / contracts) to support any deductions or offset / rebates. Note you're entitled to claim deductions for some expenses, most of which are directly related to earning your income.
To claim a work-related deduction:
- you must have spent the money yourself and weren't reimbursed
- it must be related to your job
- you must have a record to prove it (there are some limited exceptions).
- If the expense was for both work and private purposes, you can only claim a deduction for the work-related portion.
Deduction / offset categories include the following:
- Vehicle and travel expenses - including travel between work and home
- Clothing, laundry and dry-cleaning expenses
- Gifts and donations
- Home office expenses
- Interest, dividend and other investment income deductions
- Self-education expenses
- Tools and other equipment
- Health insurance
- If you receive Government benefits
- If you maintained an invalid or invalid carer
- Medical expenses
- Super related tax offsets
Keeping good records helps us to prepare your tax return and ensures you are able to claim all your entitlements.
We will send you a detailed checklist prior to your 1st Tax Appointment to ensure you are prepared.